Everything you need to know about hair restoration
Hair loss and hair thinning can occur for a number of reasons: medical conditions, genetics, hormonal changes, diet and the natural ageing process. Some types of alopecia and temporary, but others are permanent, like male pattern and female pattern baldness.
Balding isn’t just subject to the hair on our heads, you can get hair loss of the eyebrows and beard. But good news – there are a number of treatments for hair restoration that are highly effective. This is proven in high success rates and reviews.
- What is hair restoration? What does it involve?
- How can I restore my hair growth?
- Does hair restoration really work?
- Is it worth getting a hair transplant?
What is hair restoration? What does it involve?
In layman’s terms, hair transplant procedures involve taking the hairs you have from an area unaffected by alopecia and transferring them to an area where hair follicles are thinning or are entirely bald. It’s an outpatient procedure that’s overseen by our specialist hair transplant surgeon, Dr Balwi.
There are 7 stages to a hair transplant – from the beginning until you see the final results 12 months later. Each member of the Elithair team has a different role to play within this process. Because of this, each team member is specialised in their role and ensures a high standard for each individual patient.
Procedures only take a day, and most patients can return to work between 7 – 10 days after treatments. Post-operative care involves being extremely careful with your transplanted hair for the first two weeks. Also, you shouldn’t exercise in the first few weeks because excessive sweating can negatively impact the hairs.
The transplanted hair usually falls out within two to three weeks, leaving you with a bald head, ready for the new hair to regrow. New growth occurs within a few months and the optimal growth of a hair transplant can take up to a year.
How can I restore my hair growth?
If hair loss is something you’re looking to change, there are a range of options. Finasteride and Minoxidil are common medications for pattern baldness. However only Minoxidil is suitable for both male and female pattern baldness.
Furthermore, these treatments don’t always work for everyone and they only work for as long as they’re used. They also have substantial side effects that can persist even after you stop using the medication including high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction.
For those wanting to permanently restore their hair, a hair transplant procedure is the most effective, long-term solution. The surgery restores hair growth to areas of the scalp with little or absent growth with long-lasting, natural-looking results.
What are the main hair restoration techniques used at Elithair?
- FUE hair transplant (Follicular Unit Extraction) : During this procedure, tiny punctures are made on the scalp and individual hair follicles are extracted from a donor area using FUE. We use this modern technique for every procedure because it creates the best, natural-looking results.
- Beard Transplants : Taking place under local anaesthetic, this procedure only takes a few hours. Hair grafts are extracted, stored in a nutrient-rich solution and then implanted into the desired area.
- Eyebrow Transplants : Individual hairs are carefully implanted into the eyebrow area in the correct direction of growth. To achieve natural results, the hairs are implanted one by one, by an expert, to ensure a flawless finish.
- For hair loss treatment for women : we use a combination of the DHI and Sapphire Technique. The Sapphire technique is used on the hairline because hair can be implanted closer together and it creates a higher density. The use of sapphire rather than steel blades results in lower scab formation and an accelerated healing process. The DHI technique is used for the top and crown. We use the Choi Implanter Pen whereby the channel opening and graft implantation are carried out simultaneously. Therefore, the hair is directly transplanted without having to create incisions in the donor area first.
Does hair restoration really work?
Hair transplants are the most successful form of hair restoration (as opposed to over the counter medication and products). They are extremely long-lasting and are proven to achieve outstanding results. We’ve seen over 35,000 happy patients benefit from a successful hair transplant that’s changed their lives for the better – they now have a new lease of confidence.
How much does the average hair restoration procedure cost?
Our hair transplant costs are calculated on a patient by patient basis. There’s no “one size fits all” procedure that comes with a fixed cost. The cost is completely individual and based on the severity of your hair loss and how many hair grafts you’ll need. To get your unique cost, simply fill out our hair calculator form (it only takes 2 minutes) and we’ll call you back with an accurate quotation.
Many balding patients travel to Turkey for a hair transplant because the procedure costs a fraction of the UK prices. This isn’t because the quality is lower, it’s because the living costs and overhead expenses of the clinics are lower in Turkey. Therefore, Elithair can afford to provide more cost-effective treatments while ensuring market-leading quality.
Is it worth getting a hair transplant?
If conducted properly and with qualified and experienced transplant surgeons, getting a hair transplant is a great decision for those worrying about their hair loss. Be sure to choose a market-leading hair transplant clinic with expert staff who have been performing this treatment for years.
Are there any side effects of hair restoration?
All invasive procedures put a strain on our bodies and some side effects can occur from hair transplants. Certain side effects may occur during a hair transplant including bleeding and swelling, and itching.
FUT and FUE methods were the most heard-of techniques, but due to the strip surgery scarring that FUT left the FUE procedure has become the best technique.
Infections are possible however with the right hair transplant clinic these complications are rare due to high-quality tools and hygiene levels. To further minimise the risk of side effects and infections, Elithair has a life-long follow-up service. All of our past patients can contact us months or years after the surgery with any questions. Post operative patient after-care is important to us.
Does hair restoration last?
Hair transplants are the most successful permanent methods of hair restoration treatments and ours are guaranteed to last 30 years.After your hair transplant surgery, we will provide you with a certificate that outlines how many hair grafts you had and a 30-year guarantee for these grafts.
Hair transplants are the perfect hair restoration treatment for those looking to regrow their hair and cure their self-confidence issues. This surgery is the only long-term cure to hair loss that doesn’t have negative, life-changing side effects. Join our 35,000+ happy patients that already have benefited from this life-changing treatment.